|Prereq:||Build time||HP||LOS||Attack||Attack speed||Movement|
|Cost||Created from||Armour||Weapon range||Specialty|
- Militia [2, Patriotism]: upgrades peasant levy to militia, which now have a stronger gun attack
- Guerillas : stronger than militia, and also cloaked if not moving. Available only to some factions, namely Russia, Portugal, Spain, and Colombia
- Freikorps : a stronger militia unit with the ability to serve along with the army. Freikorps however are easily scattered by cavalry.
"Every post is honorable in which a man can serve his country."
- Increases attrition to Level 1
- Grants a one-time increase of happiness if you are the first one to research it. The amount of happiness is 1% per level of Civic research, ergo having attained Utilitarianism results in a gain of 3%.
"What man loses by the social contract is an unlimited right to everything; what he gains is the proprietorship of all he possesses." —Jean Jacques Rousseau
- Increases attrition levels to Level 2
"A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free."
—John Stuart Mill
- Increases attrition to Level 3.
- Decreases happiness by 6%
Blood and SoilEdit
"To wish for the greatness of one's fatherland is to wish evil to one's neighbours."
- Increases attrition ot Level 4.
- Decreases happiness by 4*u% where u is the number of technologies researched at your university.
- You may not have more than 3 tavern-type buildings of a single type in your nation at any given time.
- For Time of War: 1800 and Time of War: Rise of the Moderns 2, all Age and Military research requirements are abolished.
- The Tavern is rebadged as the Public Building in Ultima Ratio and requires Commerce research (Canal Networks) to build.