(all heavy ships from the Galleon onward are all available to Japan)
- Ashigaru => Line Infantry => Rifle Infantry. Ashigaru have a different cost structure, and have a lower range.
- Kachi  Immensely powerful hand-to-hand infantry unit?
- Ashigaru Pikemen - eventually consumed by Marines.
- Samurai archers - unlike other medium cavalry, samurai archers have a devastating ranged attack, making them deadly to infantry and cavalry alike. Upgrades to Horse rifle in .
- Mikasa-class Battleship  Technically like the French Gloire - it can be built in  without needing the Military-Industrial Complex.
(Japan gets both the Musketeer and the Heavy ship line)
- Mansion - trains elite units
- House of Worship - performs taxation and religion research, and is the main stopping point for your auxiliary units.
- Nobles' Palace (available from )
- Hosts 2 sets of exclusive technologies, unique to non-Western nations.
- Produces a small trickle of wood.
- Units produced:
- Shohei-class battleship  => Azuma-class ironclad  => Satsuma-class battle cruiser  heavy ships that require Foreign Concessions
- Sohei archers, cavalry and infantry [1-5] extremely tough warrior monks, known for ferocity on the field but worthless against siege, machine guns and armoured units. Requires Divine Mandate.
- Shinsengumi  Requires Divine Mandate. An upgrade for scout units, converting them into secret police corps.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.