Everything is completed except two elements:
- PAtriots need reviewing
- Supply wagons need reskinning.
Once this is done e should be green to go!
- Bamar: Asian units, Malay architecture.
- Vietnam: Malay units, Asian architecture.
- Siam, Malay units, Malay architecture.
- Malays: Malay units and Indian architecture.
- Chinese units - need icons
- Indian units - pending completion.
- SOLAK: Done but need a new skin for Indian Grenadier Gurds
- Manchu Booi, Huangying and Cavalry Guard are done but must be linked.
- Afghans, Scotsmen and Ghazis need to be linked in.
- Economic Boom
- Great Thinker
- Trade Embargo
- Naval Blockade
- Cultural Dominance
- Merchant Guild
- Bandits (?)
- Treachery (flips the territory outright)
- Political dissension
- Transport Requisition
- Population Explosion
- Intelligence Network
- Spy School
- Wonder of the World
Can be used to force a nation to attack a certain region, and counts as a free attack. You can use this ability on yourself to attack and annex a region from allies or nonbelligerents without harming your relations with them, and you may still attack another faction afterwards.
Negates the use of any other tactical bonus cards used here - other cards simply have no effect.
Increase your pop count.
Supply wagons are created faster and cheaper as long as…
Read more >
Province levels - can be upgrade with at least 7 levels
- Level 1 (base) - 2 farms, 1 woodcutter's post (0)
- Level 2 - +either 1 farm, or 1 peasant commune (20)
- Level 3 - +either 1 outpost or 1 tower (30)
- Level 4 - +1 farm tower (5)
- Level 5 - + senate or barracks (100)
- Level 6 - start with extra town (max 2) or +1 farm (200)
- Level 7 - start with extra town (max 3), or a supply dump (500)
- Level 8 - prestige building (1000, only possible if that prestige building wasn't built elsewhere and you have the appropriate technologies researched)
Only provinces in areas with growth potential can be upgraded, so for instance France is fully upgradeable but some parts of Switzerland, Arabia or China are not. Conquest scenarios dominate much territories but mounta…Read more >
How can we get Asians to have Western forces with dissent?
A: easy - just have more tech complexity. For instance, New Model armies for China can require use of added techs to obtain, making it more imperative for factions like China to tech further while Westerners don't need to do so.
Blood and Soil is a good tech to use, esp to promote Industrial Era units. So for China, Blood and Soil is necessary to recruit new model army units, while for Japan it is a prerequisite for its marine corps.Read more >
NB: The American senate isn't called a senate, it's called a Capitol and becomes available once Republic is chosen.
NB: Turkey as a Muslim nation gets the blue mosque upgrade for its religious centre. The first one is a neo-byzantine structure with a single dome and a long apse, looking a bit like an Ottoman mosque with a long hallway. Use the Loggia della Gran Guardia as the basis for the new Italo-Muslim senate building. You can try using the old French senate if you wish.
- Dai Viet
Unused: t=Turks, s=Mayan, Amerindian=iRead more >
Rice, Banking, Agriculture, Machinery, Tools, Tea, Silk, Corn, Railroads, Telegraph services, Handicrafts
Tobacco, Pharmaceuticals, Alcohol, Guns
Very lucrative, but can lower your reputation especially if discovered by others. If a rival has been appointed as Police Commissioner for any of the Governments in the vicinity, you are toast - they can launch a war on you with impunity.
Opium (req Pharmaceuticals, Tobacco), and Casinos (req Alcohol, Handicrafts, Silk, Banking)
They range from untrained peons all the way to salarymen, and then engineers and machinists. Banks, casinos, railroads and telegraph services also require others: most notably, cashiers, accountants and foremen.
The most basic unit is the peon. He doesn't need money, but his p…
Read more >
American campaign involves the foundations of modern America, and on how to play Rise of Kings:
- Founding fathers: several crossbows, swordsmen and pikemen have landed in isolated areas in America. You only have a general and a small contingent of dragoons, and a supply dump in Jamestown. You must build 3 supply dumps, and upgrade one into a city. You play as the Americans (with no bonuses), and will be fighting rebel Indians.
- Manifest Destiny: Next, upgrade the supply dumps and throw off your medieval units. fight off the Iroquois, pirates and the Cherokees - the map expands further and you will also face depradations of pirates. Upgrade your fleet of carracks and galleys into modern shipping, and research Industrialisation, the Swedes and t…
Tribesmen - gathers resources, builds buildings and is the weakest attack unit. Can be upgraded to citizens which can be converted into peasant levy, then militia, and finally partisans.
Patriots - can build supply dumps which then upgrade into cities or forts. Patriots also confer leadership bonuses.
Tribesmen => citizens
Supply wagons (buildable from all forts and supply depots/caches)
Warriors => Swordsmen => Halberdiers
Bowmen => Archers
slingers => Javelin men
horseman => light horse
Halberdiers => musketeers => line infantry
Pikemen => line infantry
Javelin men => arquebusiers => musketeers => line infantry
Archers => arquebusiers => skirmishers => light infantry
light horse => light cavalry regimental horse => hussars
Read more >
- Supply dump => Supply depot (can be upgraded to form forts or villages
- Village=> Town => City => Megapolis
- Temple (req level 1 food, level 1 medicine)
- Fort => Castle => Fortress => Redoubt Complex (req level 1 metallurgy, level 1 supply)
- Sentry post => Tower => Keep => Bastion => Bunker (req level 1 timber, level 1 construction)
- Smithy => Foundry => Smelter - required to build Fort (req level 2 science)
- Storage pit => Granary - required to build Temple (req level 2 science)
- Stockyard => Timberyard => Sawmill - required to build towers, outposts, and the like (req level 2 science)
- University => handles knowledge accumulation and knowledge research
- Hovel => Drill Square => Barracks
- Warrior Hall => Nobles' Court => War Academy
- Steelworks => Steel mill -…
Read more >
Science research increases line of sight for many of your units (including buildings), makes new Resource technologies available so you can increase gather rate, permits construction of new types of buildings, and decreases the cost of all other technology research incrementally.
- Written Word
- Astrology and Horology
- Natural History
- Nuclear Fission
- Quantum Mechanics
- Indentured Labour
- Industrial mechanisation
- Assembly line
- Fiscal reserves
- Financial regulation
Civics improves the influence of your cities, while at the same time decreasing the hostility of your people towards you.
- Law Enforcement
- Divine Right
- Rights of Man
- Intergovernmental Initiative
Read more >
- Republican research is cheaper
- First post-Renaissance wonder is built instantly, provided no other nation is building it also
- Science techs are cheaper in the Renaissance, and continue to do so until the Modern Era (max)
- Air units upgrade 25% cheaper
- Recieve +3 Food, Timber, Metal, and Wealth for every non-Scout Barracks unit while they are not garrisoned
- Gain resources whenever you kill enemy units
- Can build buildings anywhere on the map as long as not within other players' spheres of influence
- Taverns and Universities cannot be built, but library research costs Wealth: 2.5 Wealth to each 1 knowledge normally required.
- Whenever you destroy an enemy library, you gain 1 technology in any library line, provided your opponent had researched more in t…
Read more >
Scene 1 (fiechter brothers' Hercules): at 1:05"
- Pawns are moved forward
- Segues into a Rise of Nations game showing musketeers in London.
- A king castles in chess.
- A king/'general is seen visiting a wonder.
- knights are moved across a board
- A cavalry clash
- then we segue into the following:
- Ships sailing
- Colonial warfare?
- Another intense chess battle
- Random battle scenes - artillery bombardments, castles being destroyed by cannon fire, a heated sea battle, a WW1 scene, and so forth. A terrorist killing politicians.
Possible entries by Fiechter brothers:
- POirate music
- Any battle music
Rise of the moderns patch notes
Blurb: Ultima Ratio has been updated to v1.1, in order to filch out several issues that had a severe impact on gameplay.
Following experiments with AXP2 for Age of Darkness, we discovered a couple of issues with Rise of the Moderns. A patch has subsequently been worked out and is now ready for download as shown below.
- Replacement graphics for 4-wheeled vehicles which had been causing crashes.
- Provincial Fencibles have been revampled to avoid interference with Rocket Artillery Squad (they should still spawn whenever you build a Barracks).
I'm currently working on a Campaign/Mod, The Founding and building of America, this campaign may be adpot by this mod. If you interested in getting more information. It is on the Rise of Nations Heaven Forums, under the game modifaction section.Read more >
- Iran + Asia + All factions - kepis
- Russia, Germany - service caps with picklhaube.
- Southeast Asian, Muslim states - sun hats
You will be playing as the USA. Drive the British out, and then proceed to eject all the other western powers. Each age advance grants you a new transport requisition card. But be careful: once you reach the Imperial Era, you must choose to abolish slavery, or otherwise face the wrath of the European powers. Campaign run: Colonial Era to Mechanisation Era
Play as any of the powers in India and South Asia. Rare resources and alliances produce tribute. All-Mercantile. the campaign covers India, Australia, and Southeast Asia.
- Europeans gain tribute only from annexing areas with rare resources.
- Asians gain tribute only from alliance or peace with European powers.
- China, Japan, America, the Ottoman Empire and Russia are available as "colonies" whic…
Read more >
I originally didn't want to work on them. But nevertheless...
(I think I will ignore the Colonial Era wonders as of now)
- Suleymani Jami (red 2 - Attrition, coastal cannon bonuses. Spawns 4 circassian cavalry.)
- Forbidden City (red 1 - normal bonuses. Also +2 borders. Spawns 3 royal mercenaries.
- Punta de' Dogana (green 1 - Raises wealth and pop cap. Unique technology: Fondaco)
- This wonder prevents happiness loss from having built smelters.
- Kanei-ji (green 1 - Unique technology: Tea Ceremony. Kanei-ji speeds up the construction of farms and fishing boats.)
- Versailles (red 1 - Prevents loss of happiness from losing cities. Your Supply Wagons can heal your troops (and Austrian Supply Wagons heal at double normal rate. Spawns some barrage balloons)
Read more >
What factions exist?
- Bragancine Dominion - Portugal - has Population Boom, 50. Rio.
- Chile - Peru - has 100 tribute, metal
- Gran Honduras - has 50 tribute,
- Angrezi Raj - essentially Indian in architecture but British in everything else, units especially. 200 tribute and 2 science eurekas. Capital: Delhi
- France Outremer - France itself, now in control of France and Spain. 100 tribute, Warpath. Capital: Algiers
- Batavian Republic - Dutch, vassal state of Angrezi Raj. Has 2 Race Domination cards.
- Dai Nippon - essentially Japan - 50 tribute, 2 civics cards. Capital: Beijing.
- Damascus caliphate - Arabs - 3 economic embargo cards, 50 tribute. Capital: Syria
- Afghanistan - based off Iran - 50 tribute
- Russia - essentially itself. 150 tribute, 2 spy school car…
Industrial Era units:
I also figured that since most info about units can be deduced from their names, I won't go into giving stats for them. Instead, the only unit pages to appear here will ALL be unique units!Read more >
So far we've got the following:
- Colonial u-series - retained as "Dutch", has a temple building sporting black onion domes.
- French n-series - retained as "North European". Christchurch Cathedral.
- Roman m-series - rtained as "Balkan" style, for Mediterranean factions and Austria.
- Asian a-series - recast as North Asian, with elements from Korean civ. Has a very large temple complex to boot.
- K-series - possibly recast as South Asian. Uses Tranquerah as a temple.
- Indian e-series - possibly almagamated with Arab t-series.
- Arab t-series - recast as "North American" style.
- Mesoamerican s-series - retained but not for use.
- Iroquois i-series - retained but not for use.
- Mesoamerican - Mexico, Colombia and Peru. Uses painted ladies
This faction uses classical…
Read more >
- So far, the military-industrial complex might have been finished for us. It's a matter of whether it's a factory or a research institute.
- Mansabdar should be based on Arab architecture. I have yet to decide which building to use.
- A Palace Complex should reflect the architecture of all factions. Or possibly - the Chinese will need to use the Korean architecture, allowing for a more "universal" appearance to the PC.
- A presidium would be the hardest. What should it be? a large, castle-like building or a sprawling courtyard?
NOW, for teasers:
- Italy - ballet music from Triumphal March, Aida
- Spain - Albeniz, Iberia
- France - either Lully or Lalande
- Germany - Beethoven
- Japan - a track by Kodo
- Great Britain - Ketelbey, Holst or Elgar
- USA - Randy Edelman's "Fi…
Read more >